BOOST PREFORMANCE COACH JOB DESCRIPTION
The PERFORMANCE COACH position is a vital role that drives the mission and vision for Boost Training Systems. Coaches have the most interaction and time with the student-athletes, which makes coaches responsible for setting daily expectations for student-athletes to follow. Performance Coaches work with youth athletes for speed, strength, nutrition guidance, and are responsible for the physical and mental developments of the youth athletes.
- Opening and closing the gym and private school
- Speed and strength training for youth student-athletes
- Weight-room management and organization
- Daily operations and responsibilities for private school and gym athletes
- Nutrition guidance for athletes and snack checks
- Study hall for the private school
- Lunch prep and distribution for the private school
- Authoritative role for the private school
- Customer service for parents
- Instruct students individually and/or in groups, adapting coaching methods to meet athletes varying needs and interests.
- Develops and prepares materials and weight room/turf for training activities.
- Establishes clear objectives for all sessions and communicates those objectives to students.
- Assigns lessons and corrects homework, as necessary.
- Establishes and enforces rules for behavior and procedures for maintaining order among student-athletes.
- Meets with parents or guardians to discuss student progress and to determine priorities for the student and their needs.
- Prepares students for advancement by encouraging them to explore learning opportunities and to persevere with challenging tasks.
- Observes and evaluates student performance, behavior and/or social development.
- Conducts quality assurance audits and/or reviews and participates in committees and meetings to receive and report information.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and facilitate diverse groups of people with the understanding of group dynamics.
- Participates in professional training and/or coursework as needed and required.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Kinesiology major OR
- Education OR
- 1 fitness certification approved by NCCA OR
- USAW1 or 2 certified OR
- Experience: 2 years of related experience coaching athletes; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Social perceptiveness
- Learning methodologies
- Active listening
- Active learning
- Critical thinking
- Problem solving
- Complex problem solving
Boost Training Systems
Contact Us Form
500 Harrington St. Unit C1
Corona, CA 92880